Sunday, March 26, 2006

All that you can't leave behind

Honey, I’m home! Was the sort of exclamation I should’ve made on my return from Dubai. The reality was quite contrary, from the minute I bought the ticket home till this moment every cell in my body’s been screaming to remain in Dubai. Maybe because I was just not ready to come home yet, maybe because I hadn’t had enough time to let it sink in that I’d be leaving Dubai and God forbid for good. That is probably why I hadn’t bought the ticket until the last day or packed until the last hour. Ironically, no matter how much I cursed it, I want that life back! I want those friends back. I want all of it back!!!
I want to pile into those little toy buses like prison workers while waiting frustrated but patiently for Nair Sahab to take the last swig and dab out his cigarette and start the bus. the long rides between KV and meadows when your only two options were to make mindless conversation with the person sitting next to you or stare aimlessly out of the window while silently bearing that infernal bollywood hit number for the 100th time.
I miss the being in front of the laptop all day constantly connected to everyone else. Where everyone’s just an email away. Where a harmless email forwarded carelessly could start a war and everybody would just jump in for the action whether it concerned them or not. Spend the entire day surfing the web reading random articles.
The people, I miss the most. Long walks around lakes, houses, trees with friends, strangers and peace. The quirky conversations spilling with humour, sprinkled with satire, seasoned with intellect –pseudo or otherwise.
Before I lose my mind over this god please help me find some form of business!

11 comments:

KAD said...

Quite an identical feeling..so feeling out of place here. Wish I could get back to that routine again. Any plans of you coming to Blore?

NN said...

Yeah and i don't know what to do about it. Good to see your comment here tho :). I'm making plans for delhi ..wanna fit in bangalore, mumbai too somewhere let's see. Heard Neha Jain's in town...so did the bangalore ppl meet up ?

Rohit Kumar said...

Ofcourse ! We should put more collections on that blog :-))

Unknown said...

Where did u find trees to walk around :-))??

NN said...

@Roji: Yeah why not, we should just create a bot that crwals the net especially orkut collecting fid-wisdoms! :p
@666: except for vast expanse of registan in our backyards dubai was quite green yaar! Palm trees are trees after all!

KAD said...

Not yet...we plan to meet up this weekend when I come back from a quick trip to Delhi and Jaipur.

Fanaah said...

Neggaaaa.....me tooo!!!!
Yes...n our star gazing, there are no stars in mumbai. Orions lost forever :"(
Miss ya

Quirkilicious said...

I finally read this, and it so mirrors my thoughts. Only thing is that I will be in Dubai - but it will never be the same without the people....

Anonymous said...

sadly ..you'll get over this ... the whole set of emotions will vanish without a trace .. and well thats about it ...

NN said...

@lost: then oneday they'll come flushing back into memory and catch me unawares so we'll call them them lost emotions - just like you.

Anonymous said...

.. and theres no getting away from that either ... you'll be me someday , someday i might be you too ..