Tuesday, October 11, 2005

This n that

Not feeling particularly inspired today, writing just because I have the time to do so. There were so many times, since I last posted, when I was rearing to blog, but personal time is guilty time around here. Been long since the last update. So many things have transpired since.
We finally celebrated the end of the semester. Ended the spate of classes with a really happy happy IT in business Class with Professor Prem Puri, or should I say Mr. Prem Puri of IBM. Wow, such a nice person to have known. You know what I’ve realized , the higher up the ladder you go the humbler the people there are. Puri was such a darling. He was so considerate and sympathizing. One of the very few profs who treated us like human beings with thinking minds and not like lab rats out for a riot. I want to work for IBM. *Heeeee *
Went to a friend’s aunt’s place for Navratri lunch, yesterday. Such warm people. I felt so comfortable around them. Her aunt fed us with so much love. What scrumptious food. So what if I couldn’t understand or even pronounce the names of any of the dishes. I eat to my hearts content. Oh the homemade Gulab jamuns we had for dessert …my mouth’s still watering at the thought. Wish we’d brought some home. Bless all of her family, all her aunties and uncles, cousins and siblings, nieces and nephews and the rest of the family tree..you get the drift.
Spoke to a cousin today. Online. He’s such a cutie pie. I told him I lost my old phone – he got worried. I told him I bought a new one - he said he knew dal mein kuch kala hai. Lol. He’s finally graduated as a bachelor of Pharmacy. As expected, his family is forcing him to start handling the pharceutical factories they own. He’s not interested one bit. Says he’s gonna run off to UK or Australia next year. I asked him what he’s gonna do there.. he replies “who nahin socha, bas bhagna hai sochliya”. I hope he decides to stay. We’ve really had some good times together. You know before those stupid family gatherings … the first question that comes up, “Bhaiya log aarahe hain?” and they say,” Neha, chikky aayenge tohi hum aayenge”. Now what are we going to do at those family parties without them!
Another Bhaiya is currently on a train to Mathura nayi-naveli bhabhi sahit. Mujhe toh yeh Bunty-babli vale lakshan nazar aarahe hain. My bhabhi’s such a sweetu. I remember, poor thing wanted to take us all out to have a good time and you know just to get comfortable and mingle with the family. And by some odd play of fortune she ended up taking the entire family , including her saas-sasur and unke bade chote bhaiyon ki family, her parents and siblings, to ‘kya cool hain hum’. For the benefit of those who haven’t seen the movie, I’m not going to describe it. Bhabhi comes up to me and sez to me ki abh mujhe mummyji (mother-in-law) se baat karne se bhi dar lagraha hai. God! That was so hilarious. Everyone came out of the hall, with this expression that everything they saw or heard in the last 3 hrs had been expunged from their memory. Ah…my family is chill...everybody was cool about it.
I’ve really rambled on senselessly, and I’m going to shamelessly post it too, unedited. It was fun and I’m feeling lighter and happier now. Hope it was not too irritating to read.

12 comments:

Quirkilicious said...

Welcome back!! Nice to see you back on the bloggin scene :) A new look & and New Blog!! Wowee- lemme check if it is raining outside.

Fanaah said...

Ahh nice new look, I see someones BCA cum media skills are at work. Must say your blog covered various arrays of topic!
Yeah Prem Puri is a darling! n your brother running away to austrailia/uk...umm doesnot that sort of in someway remind you of...ermm......Us!

Unknown said...

hey Hyderababe ! .. cool look and a really great verse there bout urself ( specially the end wink wink ). I enjoy posts which have views opinions on anything under the sun. Keep blogging.

NN said...

Thank you! Thank you, Thank you. *Takes a bow*
Glad all of u liked the little meddling i did with the look. But was also looking phor a little criticism, constructive ofcourse. Some people think the title's not legible ... what say you, my readers?

Aran said...

Hmm yes. I didn't really like the title. And hi... long time... :)

NN said...

@ Aran: Heyi! I know i asked for it , but but but...Ok fine i admit its a bit jaarring and totally illegible. But what exactly didn't u like about it?

Aran said...

Colour clashes. I really don't like the green, nor the pink/red/yellow of the twisting thingies. There's a bit of difficulty in reading the words in the title and the box has been made really big... the border I mean. The script under the title looks too teeny.

Don't kill me yet. :D

NN said...

No, no what will i kill you. If u'd taken a khanjar and put it through my heart also it wouldn't have hurt as much :(

:D

Anonymous said...

Ok... we'll try the khanjar next time then. :p

Aran said...

That was me. Now even your blog refuses to recognise me. Beware! The Revenge of the Blog.

Anonymous said...

remove the twisty thingies and let the name be in green..the font is giving it the arabian look...Hail Dubai :)
good stuff babe

NN said...

ahan