Saturday, December 10, 2005

Enter Sandman

Sand flowing out of my ears, sand in my pants, sand going crunch between my teeth, sand on my face.

Where have I been?
Well, the desert of course!

What have I been doing?
'Sand boarding' down a dune or to admit honestly 'tumbling' would be a more apt verb to use here :D.

How do you sand board?
You first buy a ticket to the Swiss Alps, throw snow in the eyes of a swiss man, steal his board and fly back to Dubai (or any other desert land) or you can just go on a Desert Safari with all your friends for 85 die-rums only.

What do u even see in a desert safari? different types of snakes, birds of prey and camels?
Nah none of that!!! No, no this is not at all like an African Safari. Ok, there are camels there, but they come all dressed up for the occasion with crotia muzzels and jhumkaas. What you also see in a desert Safari more importantly is The Belly Dancer, who also shows you how to make a move or two.

So you think I can get some action at a desert Safari?
If being tossed around senseless, with 6 other people within the confines of a re-inforced SUV when the whole thrill is about the surprise element of the rollercoaster ride because you have no idea what the maniac at the wheel is going to do next, is your idea of action, then yes action is the agenda. This activity by the way is referred to as ‘Dune Bashing’, comes highly recommended. I say go on as many rounds as you can!!! Errr…just don’t eat too much before you get into the car.

Whatelse ?
Bah! You’re just not satisfied easy, are you! What you can also do at the desert safari is recreate you’re beach volleyball experience minus the music of the waves crashing, dress up like a girl if you are a guy, organize party games that involve collecting junk like toffee wrappers and sunglasses, tug-off wars, tying balloons to you’re shoes, stepping on you’re friends toes …errr...alll this is optional … enjoy a barbecue under the moonlight, dance like an idiot till you drop and last but not the least strike a pose and flash a smile when the photographer comes by.

13 comments:

Fanaah said...

You forgot desert walks n the colossal effort it takes to get to the top to whish down for sand surfing.
All in all an amazing experience.

PS- Very well written, I enjoyed reading it tremendously

Anonymous said...

you forgot about my herioc tug-of-war effort, but funny as hell.

NN said...

Ayi ayi ayi ayeeee!!!!
Forgot a lot of things eh ... thank god for comment sections :D

Anonymous said...

That’s hilarious! But hey what about the sheesha nasha? Lemme confess, you are the one who inspired me for it...

NN said...

Shhhh...i kinda avoided the topic ..trying to shrug off the junkie image :D

Anonymous said...

i still wanted you to see camels, snakes and various birds of preys!! :D
sounds like you had an awesome time! kinda like my first dis-attempt at trying to ice-skate..funny how all our firsts happen at the opposite ends of the Celcius scale :)
keep it going babe...:)

oh han ps - nasha?! what nasha? where nasha?! babe, you and i need to have a talk talk! :-w

Quirkilicious said...

Hmm..and slowly the nasha of Desert Safari is wearing off. Who's ready for round 2??!!

Aran said...

Sounds too much fun. Someday it will happen to me to. Someday...

NN said...

yes, i'll make a wish for you :)

Anonymous said...

Another wannabe Arundhati Roy types. I have gone through your blogs and I cant seem to understand how come your thought process is so screwed?

Also, I particularly found the line, "You first buy a ticket to the Swiss Alps, throw snow in the eyes of a swiss man, steal his board and fly back to Dubai (or any other desert land) or you can just go on a Desert Safari with all your friends for 85 die-rums only.", to be too childish. As a literature student I was appalled .

I am not asking you to write a perfect thing. But a blog is a reflection of self and your ideas and it seems to be that you are a teenager 'liberated' by blogger.

I have seen you write comments elsewhere which is how I landed up here and from your comments, I thought you would be a good writer but was hugely disappointed.

I like the layout though. I hope you improve the way you write, because you can write if you want to truly write, but you seem to lack the inspiration and maturity. I pray to God that you get it soon.

NN said...

Dear Mr./Mrs. Seth,
First of all I would like to thank you for wasting your time to read my blog and post unsolicited comments on my writing skills and the blog in general.
Next, I would like to clear up a little fog here. You've formed some opinions without the support enough information to make informed decisions/conclusion. My Bad of course my about me says 'just read the blog' .So here goes -
Wannabe - I am.
Arundhati Roy - never read any of her stuff, if i sound like her - Wow! I’m flattered. She's the dude who won the Nobel, right?
Screwed Thought Process (TM) - Don't strain your brain cells over it, I don't.
'Swiss' joke - Private joke for local audience. A sense of humour is mandatory to comprehension of that particular line.
'Teenager liberated' - 18 till I die has always been an anthem. Now what can I do about that?
'A Perfect thing' - Literature student huh! Hope you find that spark of inspiration to write that one book someday. Please don't go looking for it on blogs. Do your own thinking.
Comments - Yeah I’m good at that. Somebody actually offered me a job as journo based on my comments somewhere. I hope u get discovered too.

Although, this seems like retaliation, I’ll be crude and let it look like that.

Have a Good day :)

Anonymous said...

haha ... thanks for proving my point. Now, I know you are stupid as well. Arundhati Roy never won a Nobel. I didnt meant it as a compliment. Well, I guess sarcasm is lost on dumb folks.

Plus, when did Rishi Seth become a Mrs? I thought you had basic knowledge of English. I am so wrong.

Well, as far as unsolicited comments go, the whole idea of a blog is to allow people to come and read your thoughts and comment on it. I am not here to kiss someone's ass, certainly not yours.

Well, if you read my name very closely, you find a big clue about me which will tell you why I know a thing or two about writing books that are actually published and sold.

Mahatma Gandhi once said, "The person who retaliates in a fit of rage is a fool."

I will leave it at that.

NN said...

Old comments can be such a funny read. Glad all points were proven. :D