Sunday, December 25, 2005

In the shadows...

...of my mind

5 hours and 2 movies* later my head feels heavy – heavier than lead. A wasted day – my conscience is guilty – guilt, I’m doomed to. And my dreams are as troubled as my conscience. Maybe I’ll never be able to shrug it off; hopefully it’ll wash off like a bad dream. But this feeling is so part of me now. It haunts me without reason, even. Even on a well deserved vacation’s lazy Sunday afternoon when I’m chilling at home lying around watching TV it’ll slowly creep up from behind like the camera in those ghost movies and breath down my neck, drumming in my head “you’re not supposed to be wasting your life like this, you’re supposed to getting some work done. There must be some unfinished thing-to-do!” Whirr and whirr it goes on in my head and I cringe with the motion sickness like uneasiness that makes me want to puke. But I just lie there still, unmoving like a tub of lard.

Too disgustingly graphic ? Depressions do good to writing skills eh :D
Claimer: Some line have been lifted from music currently playing: Behind blue eyes – the who, in the shadows – The Rasmus.
*Bourne Supremacy followed by Gothika.

3 comments:

Aran said...

"Depressions do good to writing skills"

Ooh yes. Agree wholeheartedly.

Fanaah said...

"Theres never enough time to do all the nothing you want to do"

Words from the wise-Calvin

Unknown said...

A logical foreword to wise Calvin would be Parkinson's second law "Work expands to fill in the time available" :-)