Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Prime example of Bad Customer Service

Cursed is the day I decided to shop at Lifestyle! Well it was women’s day and also LS’s anniversary. They had this really annoying guy with a mic prowling the floors for unsuspecting customers. Then he’d suddenly pounce on them, “Hello mam”, I’m not misspelling ma’am he really pronounced it like that! Aam with an ‘M’, might as well dial M for Murder!

Annoying Prowler: Hello Mam, what are you doing?
Me in my head: I’m taking a walk, the park’s too crowded
Victim customer: err…Shopping
AP: what is your experience mam?
Me: in my 5 yrs of work ex?
VC: good I guess
AP: Ok mam how many times can you say Kachcha papad, Pakka paapad? If you say it really fast 25 times I will give you this etc etc prize.

Hell that little twit is not the victim anymore, I am! Kachcha pakad pachcha pakar in soprano mode. 25 times with 10 customers. Ouch!
Still with all this torture absolutely determined I managed to pick out something I liked. Went to the trial room and guess what… I get to get frisked twice every time. Yeesh. What do u think I’m going to carry in or bring out? That your stupid detectors wont detect?!

I still, persistent old fool, found a shirt I wanted to buy. Stood in the cashier queue for 10 mins with AP still blaring into my ear, avoiding him and I finally reach the counter. Guess what! It’s a member’s only line. Where the hell are the boards? Nobody answers. They just leave. Next line, reach the counter, “if your bill crosses 5000 you’ll get a surprise gift”. Me, “what is the gift?” Cashier “It’s a surprise.” Me,” ok give me the damn coupon.”

I’m hunting for this god forsaken surprise gift counter. It’s in from the escalator in the middle of the hall. Grrr. They asked me to draw a chit. I made mom draw. Chit said, “CP, M, 44”, which apparently translated to Colour Plus, Men’s, size 44. What! Who the hell draws for size?!!! I understand brand, I understand item, I even understand colour…but size!!! Hello nobody in my entire khandaan even grew enough to wear a 44!! I requested him for a smaller size. No heed. “Hey! I didn’t ask for the gift. Now if you’re giving it to me at least make it nice and do not insult me”. No heed. Some other disgruntled customers agreed. Here take it back I don’t want it. Took it back, no heed.

Yuck!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha

Unknown said...

hahaha

NN said...

I see that you're amused
well some good came out of that abuse :P

Anonymous said...

Well written article.