Monday, July 31, 2006

Lone reed/wolf/ranger etc etc

The first day of my life alone was not as horrible or as scary as I anticipated it to be. A spacious two bedroom apartment and no one to share it with. In a colony of respectable people and nobody to talk to.
Easy with the sympathy already. It isn’t as bad as I’m making it sound. Living alone has its own perks. Here are a few i discovered.
You can play your favourite music, turn up the volume to full blast or put on your headphone (if u have finiky neighbours) and pretend to be Aerosmith without having to worry about people thinking you’re crazy ..even though that’s probably what you're screaming.
I’m not such a big fan of walking around naked in my living room even though Alanis Morisette recommends it so fervently.
Read a book all day with absolutely no distractions, in whatever position u’re comfortable in, at whatever hour of the day, with whatever title on the cover.
Don’t make your bed for two days and no one will complain. Ok I get disgusted by the third day.
Cook exactly what you want to eat. Eat only if you want to. The fan runs at exactly the speed you like it. No compromising. No sharing. No having to be considerate. No worrying abt looking insensitive.
And finally you can buy a signboard that says “Beware of Dogs” and put it up outside your door
Ah! This is the life.

PS: This article was started on the 15th of July and finished on the 18th at 1:33 AM

7 comments:

Fanaah said...

Well I found a roomie for you now-so live with it :P I know u two are quite happy with each other.

Nothing like sharing a cup of tea, exchanging books and ideas,hearing new kinds of music. Nothing like good company.

Aran said...

Ah. If you're still living alone... I'm deeply envious!

KAD said...

Howwwwllll!!!! I always used to love it when my parents would leave me alone and I would rush to the nearest VCD parlour, rent movies, buy a bag of chips and then just chill. Of course back then my house had no neighbours for miles and none other than the lone crow would notice if at all I was in some ancient caveman suit.

NN said...

It's so sweet of you guys to be regular commentors. Eventhough,i know, my recent posts have not been the best of posts. In a way you guys kept me goign through the dark days of a life of solitude. Now ofcourse thanks to Fanaah here I have given up some of my freedom for a lot of fun. Expect a post, about the awsome time i have with my roomie exploring chennai, in the near future. :)

Fanaah said...

Eeeeks Nega @ 'my recent posts have not been my best'. As Henry Matisse said " An artist should never be a prisoner of himself, prisoner of style,or prisoner of reputation".

Enough of gyaan...enjoy with shernie, maybe oneday you will blog about the weekend I will come to chennai and all the fun we will have. Sigh

NN said...

Point taken. Perfect perfect. Thank you for reminding me :)

william, the bloody said...

aah! perfect bliss! just compare that to my situation of living with two room mates, one of whom sleeps with a blanket in this sweltering Delhi heat and hums god knows what tune every time he gets up. He actually turns down the fan in the night. the fan regulator moves exactly 90 degrees from the position it was in the night when i went to sleep to the time i wake up.

how i envy ur situation.

take care